I know I probably don’t need to tell you that you need to change in order to grow. The moment you stop changing, you stop growing. When you choose not to grow your positive experiences of life begin to diminish. It’s okay if you choose not to grow of course :o) If, however, you’re keen to learn more you might be glad of a few tips to change up your life in a manageable way:
1. Slow yourself down to examine your life and make the room for change.
2. It takes work, it’s your life – nobody can change it but you. And you can.
3. Accept responsibility for your own choices and consequences, and prepare well to manage them.
4. Things will become easier if you maintain the momentum once you’ve started.
5. Find suitable support so you don’t go it alone when tackling the hard stuff.
Here’s five reasons (there are lots more) that people avoid change:
1. Lack of belief you can have what you want in life
2. Fear of the unknown
3. Fear of what others will say or do
4. Lack of clarity about what to change
5. Feel ill-equipped to manage
Let me know your thoughts about change… it’s not easy for most that’s for sure! Once we get a handle on it though, life is so much easier :o)